Thursday, June 30, 2011

Charlie Bone and the Castle of Mirrors Quote I

"When I met Julia Ingledew, it was like finding a treasure-someone else who was fascinated by the past, who thought of nothing by spending a whole week pursuing one tiny, elusive fact in order to complete a puzzle. To me such a person is a jewel, Charlie, even if she were not the most congenial and lovely person I have ever met."
Charlie had never heard his uncle speak so passionately. "Are you going to marry her?" he asked.
Paton blinked and then said quietly, "I dare not even think about that."
"Why not? It seems like a good idea to me," he said bluntly.
Uncle Paton gave a delicate cough. "Our subject was the Castle of Mirrors, not the future of Paton Yewbeam," he said in a flat tone. "Are you interested in this book or not?

-Charlie Bone and the Castle of Mirrors, Jenny Nimmo

No comments: