Saturday, December 03, 2011

Inkdeath Quote I

Dustfinger's expression gave nothing away. He really didn't know yet! Ah, love. What a perfect tool of revenge. Even the fearless heart that Dustfinger had brought back from the dead was powerless against it. "You should really go to her. She's sobbing in the most heartrending way, tearing her beautiful hair." The look in his eyes! Got you, thought Orpheus. Got you both on the hook now, you and the Bluejay. "My black dog is guarding your daughter," he went on, and every word tasted as good as spiced wine. "I expect she's terribly afraid. But I've ordered my dog not to feast on her sweet flesh and soul...just yet." There--so fear could sting Dustfinger after all. His unscarred face turned pale. He stared at Orpheus's shadow, but the Night-Mare did not emerge from it. The Night-Mare was outside the cage where Brianna sat weeping and calling for her father.
"I'll kill you if it so much as touches her. I don't know much about killing, but for you I'd learn!"

-Inkdeath, Cornelia Funke

No comments: